Saturday, July 24, 2010

Staying In Shape


Me 30 lbs and three knee surgeries ago. At 40 I believe I can get back to something near that. Dads have to stay in shape. We are too important and the family needs us in the game wearing the captain's arm band. Do you want to perform the best you can for them? How much more time before your role is not so needed? Make it count.
I cut my sugar intake and soccer train. I got up to 205 lbs and now I am back down to 185 and dropping. I use various Coerver Method techniques, Brazilian circuit, plyometrics (if the knees are up for it), and stuff I just make up with a bunch of cones and a big brick wall. I keep moving for 30 minutes and more. I work in some situps and pushups of course. I love to do a lot with the ball. I hate just jogging around the neighborhood and as a matter of fact jogging is adverse conditioning for a soccer player. A soccer player is quick, agile, and must recuperate fast after every run. Lot of changes in speed, stopping, cutting, jumping, sliding, tumbling. Jogging actually slows a soccer player's condition. Jogging certainly doesn't cover the muscle sets involved in playing soccer. I am playing coed with the wife and I feel safer as I play. Also everyone says I rock out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment